[Erp5-dev] translating accounting transaction lines

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Sun Jan 22 21:18:54 CET 2006

Yoshinori Okuji wrote:
> On Saturday 21 January 2006 22:03, Bartłomiej Górny wrote:
>>> This is not required for your purpose, but personally I think it would be
>>> better to specify income to reference rather than id. But this would
>>> require modifying some scripts.
>> I'm afraid I don't understand... Could you elaborate?
>
> Only the accounting transaction lines use "id" to specify the
> purpose/indications of the objects. This looks inconsistent to me. Usually,
> we use the property "reference" or a category to refer to a certain object,
> so I prefer to change the implementation.

Organisation and Person modules do the same - they have predefined,
automatically added lines ('default_address', 'default_telephone' etc.)
and they show their id's in the listbox.

This is a big problem when it comes to i18n, because when the lines are
automatically added, I need to (a) be able to translate what is shown in
the listbox, and (b) distribute translation via bt5. So, for example, my
'hack' doesn't solve thw problem, because getTranslatedTitle uses the
'content' message catalog, which doesn't go to bt5.

Bartek

--
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."