[Erp5-dev] OOo Template

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Sun Dec 18 21:10:58 CET 2005

Hi,

I just added to ERP5OOo a new object type:
	"ERP5 OOo Template"

It is possible with it to generate OpenOffice documents with dynamic content
from ERP5 (or any Zope application): writer, calc, etc.. The implementation
derives from what we have used for a couple of months to generate large
reports (100+ pages) on a large ERP5 project where all tasks are stored in
ERP5 itself.

It works in the same way as ERP5 PDF Template (but supports UTF-8 unlike PDF
Template and reportlab). I think it could eventually be used to replace
ERP5 PDF Template and reportlab if OOo is stable enough.

There are still some issues related to parsing XML and content type.
Remaining issues are described in the docstring of the OOoTemplate class.

JPS.

PS. For a list of Zope/CMF/OOo products, look at
	http://longsleep.org/presentations/ep2003/
also, zetadb includes some interesting code to generate pdf from OOo
	http://www.zope.org/Members/scamps/zetadb

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software