[Erp5-dev] withtout ZMI

Sebastien Robin seb at nexedi.com
Fri May 13 15:28:30 CEST 2005

Le vendredi 13 Mai 2005 13:47, Antonio Beamud Montero a écrit :
> Hi all:
> I'm new in this list. I'm learning erp5 and seems to be fantastic...
> Only one thing... it's posible to deploy a erp5 based product without
> using ZMI only using emacs + cvs without using complex tricks :-)

Many files available through the ZMI can be changed thanks to a webdav
client, so we can use any text editor for theses files. I think this is
not so nice to edit python script through a web browser, so it is often
usefull to use a text editor.

But it is required to do one part of the configuration using the ZMI, and
in all cases you will need a web browser at some moment in order to see
the user interface.

  Sebastien.