[Erp5-dev] calling mechanism

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Fri Feb 4 10:08:35 CET 2005

I fixed one bug in DeliveryCell.py. It was like this:

  return self._baseGetTargetStartDate(self)

This is a typical confusion about the calling convention in Python. I
think this is ugly, but self is automatically pased when the caller is
an instance, and self is not passed when the caller is a class. For
example:

  Movement.getTargetStartDate(self)

becomes:

  getTargetStartDate(self)

And:

  self._baseGetTargetStartDate(self)

becomes:

  _baseGetTargetStartDate(self, self)

Be careful.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies