[Erp5-dev] check if we loose object when we compact the Data.fs

Sebastien Robin seb at nexedi.com
Wed May 26 16:30:30 CEST 2004

Hi all,

For people who want to be sure that we don't lose any object when we
compact the Data.fs, I have made one script wich print the list of all
object path (in a sorted order).

This script is inside ERP5/skins/erp5 and is called :
ERP5Site_printObjectPath.py

So if you want to check if all objects are still there, this is easy :

1 - before compacting the ZODB, you have to run the script and save the
output inside a file (file1).
2 - compact your ZODB
3 - run again the script and save the output inside a file (file2)

then use diff between the two files.

  Seb.
--
Sebastien ROBIN

About www.nexedi.com

Nexedi is a consulting and development services company helping small and
medium organisations to choose open source / free software and fulfill
their IT application needs. Nexedi is the founder of the ERP5 project, a
Free / Open Source ERP software based on innovative technologies
(www.erp5.org).

About www.storever.com

Storever provides a reliable source for OpenBrick, WiFi infrastructure,
notebooks and servers preconfigured with the GNU/Linux operating system